How do I safely shop online?
Shopping online will give you more choice and it is a great way to get a bargain. Here are some tips to help you shop safely online.
If you can, always use a credit card when you’re buying things online. This way your bank and the seller are equally responsible if anything goes wrong (as long as you spend more than £100).
If you don’t have a credit card, services like PayPal, an online payments system, offer really good protection from fraudsters.
Protect your money by shopping on a secure website:
- The website address should begin with https://
- Look for the padlock symbol on the address bar
- Know that you should never be asked for your PIN
- Take notice of pop-up messages that warn you about a website’s security
- If you’re unsure that it’s safe, do not enter your payment details and leave the website