As part of the Scottish Government’s Let’s Get Online partnership campaign, there will be a free prize draw taking place during the roadshow at session stands at 100 locations across Scotland from the 31st of May 2016 until 22nd of July 2016.
Prize entries will only be accepted at the stand by roadshow team via iPad entry onto an offline electronic survey. Entrants must complete 4 questions to be entered into the competition. These being: your name, contact details (email or telephone or both), age, and a quote about how getting online has helped them.
The prizes are 3 x Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 Tablet, Wi-Fi, 32 GB, White with 1 prize available to be won per region. We have 3 regional teams, which are working across the North of Scotland, West of Scotland and East & South of Scotland.
FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- By submitting entry into this promotion, the entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Promotion is open to residents of Scotland aged 18 and over, excluding employees (or members of their families) of the Scottish Government or anyone connected with the promotion.
- To enter the promotion, participants must attend one of the Promoter’s roadshow dates and must enter their name, preferred method of contact (via email or telephone), age and a quote about how being online or the session has helped them. Full details of the roadshow dates and exact locations are available at www.letsgetonline.scot.
- The quotes may be used on the linked Facebook page to further highlight the benefits of being online to members of the public. All quotes published on Facebook will state the first name of the person who provided the quote and the roadshow date they attended.
- The promotion opens at 9am on 31.05.2016 and closes for receipt of all entries at 7pm on 22.07.2016.
- Only one entry can be made per person.
- The promotion is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- No cash or alternative prizes are available, with the exception that in the event of circumstances outside of its control, the Promoter reserves the right to award a similar prize of equal or greater value.
- 1 x Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 Tablet, Wi-Fi, 32 GB, White will be available to be won by each region the roadshow teams cover. These are the North of Scotland, West of Scotland and the East and South of Scotland.
- The prize will be allocated to the first entrant drawn randomly by an independent person from all valid entries for each region. All draws will take place on 26.07.2016. The draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The name and town of the resident of the winner will be published on www.letsgetonline.scot website.
- The winner will be formally notified by email or telephone no later than 28 days after the closing date of the promotion. This will be issued to the email or telephone number provided upon entry. The winners will be asked for a verbal confirmation of receipt no more than 28 days after notification by telephone or email. If by such time the winner has not responded, then they forfeit the right to claim the prize and the Promoter is free to nominate another winner.
- The promoter reserves the right to oblige any potential winner to provide documentary proof of their identity and address as directed by the Scottish Government before such person may claim their prize.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies accept no liability for any loss, expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with the Promotion and/or prizes, other than such liability that cannot be excluded by law including death or personal injury caused by negligence, where liability shall be limited to the minimum permissible by law.
- The winners agree to take part in any post-draw publicity requested by the Promoter, without remuneration.
- The Promoter will not pass on entrants’ personal details to any other organisation, except for the purposes set out in paragraphs 4 and 11 above. All reasonable steps will be taken to safeguard entrant’s personal details. The information given to the Promoter will be held securely and protected from malicious action by third parties.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend or temporarily suspend the promotion at any stage, if deemed necessary in their opinion.
- The end date of this promotion will not change unless for reasons outside of the promoter’s reasonable control.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when completing the entry form and entering this free prize draw. No correspondence will be entered into regarding this free prize draw.
- Entrants’ statements of how being online has helped them must be their own quote and in their own words.
- The promoter reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. Entries submitted with incomplete information, or found to contain invalid information, shall be deemed invalid entries.
- Entries must not contain any elements that are or are likely to be perceived as offensive, defamatory, in breach of the rights of others, or contain otherwise illegal, unacceptable or inappropriate references or materials.
- No automated, third party or bulk entries are permitted. Multiple entries in breach of this provision will result in those entries being disqualified. If the Promoter has reasonable grounds to suspect that such means are being used to circumvent this condition then it may require the entrant to prove that such means were not used. If the Promoter becomes aware of an entrant using means to circumvent this condition then these entries will be disqualified and any prize entitlement will be void.
Promoter: Scottish Government, St. Andrew’s House, Regent Road, EH1 3DG, Edinburgh